Sunday, May 9, 2010

Week 1 Comment Post: reply to Jaime


I know what you mean about the obsession of deadlines. Take a deep breath and relax. We are almost there!

I think it is natural to want to spend more time on your research. While I have been working I've thought of a dozen other cycles I could run that would help prove my research goals. Looking the research process in perspective; everything was researched, planned, and applied in a 12 month period. I think that is quite remarkable. Studies like yours take years to compile results.





Reply to Jaime:

I have become completely overwhelmed with deadlines and what still needs to be done. I know that my action research topic is well thought out but I wish I had more time to spend going through the data. I found still found that my complete lack of time is an issue. My position at work has required me to be flexible and have a do whatever it takes to get the best result. This flexible has equated to spend as much time as I can at my desk to complete the tasks. In the growing opportunities at work have made me reallocate time to that instead of where I should be focusing for the next few months.

I can not believe that it’s already May and really our last full month of class until graduation. I can truly say that between now and June 15th I will need to redirect my focus to school and what little personal life I have left. Why in any world would we decide to buy a house now, during the busiest time of the year. Between weddings, school, graduation requirements, and work’s busiest month I’m going to need to find the zen of calm and focus.

The action research has gone well so far, and under pressure of deadlines I always manage to get everything done. I just need to find the real focus to complete projects BEFORE it’s on a critical timeline. I have also found that I do a initial freak out about the amount of work but once I break it down and really see that I can do it. I need that epic win that Jane McGonigal boosts in the gaming world.

I can already visualize the final day and doing my final presentation... the next day I’m on a plane. Now to just get through each day with a smile and remember to breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment