Sunday, May 30, 2010

Week 4 Reading Response: Decisions


Being the board. I often struggle with the concept that all choices are mine. Ultimately I do choose my own path but I often find myself sitting in obligatory situations. I think sometimes I use obligation as a crutch for leaving my comfort zone. Success is not achieved when there are no risks made but risk are exactly that a chance. How many chances do people get? I struggle to find the balance between risk and safety. I find myself stuck planning my life rather than just leaping into it. I like to keep things practical.

The we story: I am in the process of trying to organize an artist co-op! I think this is my biggest risk and collaboration with others.

1 comment:

  1. I often worry about the message of the Being the Board chapter. Most females that I know take on more responsibility for things that are not their own and not in a healthy way. But I think that the point of the chapter is to dispense with any excuse that things happen in our lives that we have no control or responsibility for. It doesn't relieve others for their responsibility, but it makes all pieces "playable" so that we can see that, even when surrounded by responsibilities, we do have choices.

    ReplyDelete